[MacDV] Can't render/encode my iDVD project - Can't burn project to DVD

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Sat Oct 23 11:07:20 PDT 2004

On Saturday, October 23, 2004, at 01:43  PM, Robert L. Vaessen wrote:

> iDVD will not open any .dv files. It will only open iDVD project
> folders (.dvdproj extension). I tried using iDVD to open the DV output
> from iMovie (which I created using iMovie's share function), the .dv
> file remains grayed out in the iDVD file open dialog.

Excuse my shortness. I am working.
  Put your .dv files on the desktop and simply drag them into iDVD. (
where it says "drop movies here")
Use the open or import commands for more varied types of files.
Don't run iMovie and iDVd at the same time if you can help it.
iDVD MAKES  .dvdproj files. You create them by dropping, loading,
importing and opening various files IN iDVD of which DV is the native.
I have never before heard of iMovie loading TS files. This seems way
wrong.
Jim