[MacDV] iDVD & iMovie

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Sat Oct 23 15:10:58 PDT 2004

On Saturday, October 23, 2004, at 04:11  PM, Dorothy Hennings wrote:

> Jim,
> Would you advise this in general? That is, if I finish an iMovie4,
> should I NOT push the iDVD button and instead close down iMovie and
> bring up iDVD by itself and import the files?
>  Any further suggestions/explanations would be very welcome.

I think the best bet is to use the little button in the iDVD pane of
iMovie to transfer it to iDVD., Then after iDVD is open with your stuff
showing, quit iMovie. It sucks Ram and speed.

> I can see this would save space on the boot disk where i process my
> iMovie stuff and encode in iDVD from an external drive.
Not really but it will work better. These are both fairly intense
programs. I have a 1.2 g G4 and 1 gig of ram. I have to maximize.

> Maybe that way I won't get the buffer underun 0x2 message error near
> the end of  encoding and burning an iMovie more than 1 hr long.
It could help that.