[MacDV] Can't render/encode my iDVD project - Can't burn project to DVD

Robert L. Vaessen rvaessen at mac.com
Sat Oct 23 20:16:16 PDT 2004

On Oct 23, 2004, at 18:31, James Asherman wrote:

> On Saturday, October 23, 2004, at 08:13  PM, Robert L. Vaessen wrote:
>
>> Well, it works if I drag the .dv to an open iDVD, but then the
>> chapter markers aren't visible in iDVD. I've already got a good iDVD
>> project with menus, menu transitions, chapter selections, etc, built.
>> It previews fine in iDVD. I can navigate through the menus with no
>> problems, and the video plays back with no problems.
>>
> In this case I would say, quit iMovie, it is sucking up your power.
> and you are right, you need to get the project started in iDVD from
> iMovie before you quit iMovie.
>
>  Then press the burn button.
> put in a DVD and walk away.
> My wiseguy wisdom is exhausted
> Love anyway
> Jim

When I try to burn the DVD using iMovie, I am not running iMovie. I've
only got iDVD running when I attempt to burn the project to disc. I've
pressed the button, and walked away. When I come back twelve hours
later, it's still in stage 2!  Come on, it shouldn't take more than
twelve hours to get past stage 2!

Is there any way to burn my project to disc without using iDVD?

Thanks for all your help.

- Robert