[MacDV] Can't render/encode my iDVD project - Can't burn project to DVD

Robert L. Vaessen rvaessen at mac.com
Sat Oct 23 20:48:04 PDT 2004

> On Oct 23, 2004, at 11:16 PM, Robert L. Vaessen wrote:

>>> In this case I would say, quit iMovie, it is sucking up your power.
>>> and you are right, you need to get the project started in iDVD from
>>> iMovie before you quit iMovie.
>>>
>>>  Then press the burn button.
>>> put in a DVD and walk away.
>>> My wiseguy wisdom is exhausted
>>> Love anyway
>>> Jim
>>
>> When I try to burn the DVD using iMovie, I am not running iMovie.
>> I've only got iDVD running when I attempt to burn the project to
>> disc. I've pressed the button, and walked away. When I come back
>> twelve hours later, it's still in stage 2!  Come on, it shouldn't
>> take more than twelve hours to get past stage 2!
>>
>> Is there any way to burn my project to disc without using iDVD?
>>
>> Thanks for all your help.
>>
>> - Robert
...correcting for top posting...

On Oct 23, 2004, at 21:34, Gerhard Kuhn wrote:

> You could spend some big dollars and buy DVD Studio Pro 3.
>
> Gerhard

I'll pass on that suggestion. What I've already got is...

1: QuickTime Pro 6.5.1.
2: QuickTimeMPEG2.component 6.4 (found in the /Macintosh
HD/System/Library/ directory). Where can I verify the use/existence of
MPEG2 in QuickTime?
3: MacTheRipper 2.0.1
4: DVD Player 4.0
5: DVD Imager 1.2
6: iDVD 4.0.1
7: iMovie 4.0
8: MacTheRipper 2.0.1
9: mpgtx-14-beta-4 (Is this version 1.1 or 1.4b4?)
10: Sizzle 0.5
11: VLC media player 0.7.2
12: yade X 0.95b
13: Dragon Burn 4.0.22

I was kind of hoping that I wouldn't need to buy any more software.

- Robert