[MacDV] Can't render/encode my iDVD project - Can't burn project to DVD

Gerhard Kuhn gerhardk at mac.com
Sun Oct 24 17:39:01 PDT 2004

Here is what the Apple Support site has to say on this subject.

Gerhard

DVD 4.0.1 Help

Unsupported movie and graphic formats

You cannot use movies saved in thousands of colors using the "none"
compression setting. Also, you cannot use 48-bit color images (16 bits
per color) in iDVD projects. To use source files in one of these
formats in iDVD, save them in a supported format.

iDVD does not support Aurora uncompressed files. For best results,
export Aurora clips as DV-format video before importing them into iDVD.

iDVD supports only QuickTime movies with linear video tracks. Other
formats, such as QuickTime VR, MPEG, Flash, streaming or encrypted
movies, or QuickTime spanned movies, cannot be added to your iDVD
project.

You can't add MPEG files to an iDVD project because they don't contain
standard video tracks.

You can't use QuickTime Fast Start movies with iDVD. (Fast Start movies
are intended for Internet playback.) When saving a QuickTime movie for
use with iDVD, click the Options button in the QuickTime Export dialog
and make sure that the "Prepare for Internet Streaming" checkbox is not
selected.