[MacDV] Re: importing files to iMovie

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Sun Oct 24 18:48:48 PDT 2004

On Sunday, October 24, 2004, at 09:37  PM, Brian Olesky wrote:

> On 10/24/04 7:09 PM, "James Asherman" <jimash at optonline.net> wrote:
>

>> On Sunday, October 24, 2004, at 08:03  PM, Brian Olesky wrote:
>>
>>>  but 640X480 what?
>>
>> PIXELS
>>
> Got it. So right now, PS Elements says my original "document" is 1200
> pixels
> wide X 300 high.  The variables I can change are width, height and
> resolution. Right now the resolution is 600 pixels/inch, and the
> corresponding width and height are 2" W X .5" high. Sorry for being
> such a
> novice about this but are there some magic numbers I should enter into
> the
> width and height boxes, or the resolution box, to get me to 640 X 480
> pixels? Unfortunately the width and height boxes only allow for
> inches, cms,
> mms, etc., but not pixels. I went thru PS's help files, but they seem
> mostly
> to deal with print use, rather than video.
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

I have photoshop CS and my image size window HAS a pixels box to change
it.
Image size?
  Not canvas size . And I hope that's on black because it isn't a screen
filler.
assuming that you don't do this every day a certain amount of trial and
error is indicated but if you can't get your iMovie output to a screen
you are somewhat hampered.