[MacDV] iMovie for creating slideshows with photo captions?

Brenda Pedersen brpedersen at sasktel.net
Mon Oct 25 07:45:28 PDT 2004

Hello to all;

I am looking for recommendations - I am needing to create photo slideshows
complete with captions. The slideshows will ultimately be burned to SVCD or
DVD and VHS. These are old heritage photos and it is important to be able to
annotate them. I would like the captions to be able to be viewed when the
photos are being viewed (i.e. photo displayed of gggrandparents along with a
caption which states names, dates, place photo taken, etc...).

Is it possible to tweak/add on to iMovie so that it will allow captions to
be easily entered under or over the individual photos? Or is there another
software option which would more easily accomplish what I want?

Running OS 10.2.8 on a dual USB iBook, 640 MB ram. Currently have iMovie
3,0.3 and Motion Pictures (came with Toast Titanium 6)

Thanks in advance

Brenda Pedersen