[MacDV] Burn .dv to DVD without iDVD?

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Tue Oct 26 06:30:55 PDT 2004

On Tuesday, October 26, 2004, at 08:18  AM, Robert L. Vaessen wrote:

> It seems that there is nothing wrong with my video. It plays fine in
> QuickTime, iMovie, iDVD. I've already got the movie in .mov and .dv
> format. Why would I want to go back, re-install any applications (by
> the way what are FCP and DVD SP?), and then re-export my video > footage?
>
> Thanks,
>
> - Robert

Hey there is nothing wrong with your video.
You know what's what.
Your software is working perfectly.
You know the difference between .mov  .dv and .mpeg,  and you certainly
know how to create TS files for use with iDVD.
Obviously you have read and followed all the directions and
instructions as well as the helpful real-world advice of the members
here.
You know all about DVD's and how to use the software and how to prepare
a video.
You know the difference between your movie file and a dvdproj file.
Re-installing is for chumps.
Thinking that your video may have been overprepared and that you are
overthinking the whole project based on false assumptions and bad info
and a certain knowledge that you know all the ins and outs is a waste
of time.
Obviously if it doesn't work, you should keep doing the same things and
protesting that it's right.
Maybe cosmic rays are preventing your success or perhaps it's Apple's
fault for making the software too difficult to master.
In  any case FCP is Final Cut Pro and DVDSP is DVD Studio Pro the pro
apps corresponding to iMovie and iDVD.
I am sure you are ready for DVDSP. Cause you are well informed.
You read gazzilions of instructions.