[MacDV] Titles to Live Video

RRSounds at aol.com RRSounds at aol.com
Tue Oct 26 09:53:29 PDT 2004

In a message dated Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:13:15, Scott Wm Eastman <FunnyBoy at netnet.net> writes:

<<
I'm working on a project for church this Sunday where the pastor will be
doing a 'live' interview with the apostle Paul via satellite.  The plan is
to set up a camera in separate room and run the feed right to the auditorium
projector.

What I'm wondering is if there's a way we can add a news-y 'Live via
Satellite' banner to the image.  We don't have a mixer nor computer
software....

We're using a Canon XL1s....

Any ideas?

:o)
Scott

--
Is there a place for the hopeless sinners who have
hurt all mankind just to save their own beliefs?

Well, if you don't have any sort of electronic titler, and it
needs to be live, you could always do it the old fashioned
way they did in the movies:
create a matte graphic and put it 'on set' just in front of
the talent. Originally, a matte was painted on a portion of
a sheet of glass which was shot through, but a piece of
stiff cardboard with a carefully printed graphic would
probably be OK.

Frame it with the camera and light it so it looks like it is
part of the shot. Assuming you want a title at the bottom
of the picture, make sure its background is wider than the
shot and extends below it, and it will look OK. The talent
should appear above it, 'As Seen on TV.' ;-)
Set up lights so there is no glare off your graphic.

As long as the light on the set is bright enough, you should
not have too much problems with it being in a slightly different
focal plane from the talent.

You're not expecting anything TOO professional are you?
:-)

Good Luck, and let us know how you solved your problem.
David

David P. Reaves, III
TransLanTech Sound, LLC
Creators of the Award-Winning "Ariane Stereo Audio Leveler"