[MacDV] VPrism

Richard Gilmore rgilmor at uwo.ca
Tue Oct 26 15:17:07 PDT 2004

I was wondering if anybody has heard of or knows anything about an
educational video analysis tool called VPrism? It dates back to 1996 and is
no longer supported or developed. Basically it's a database tool for
researchers who take bits of video and catalog them according to the content
etc...then they can call up bits of tape that are relevant to whatever their
doing. The company who made was bought out by somebody else and they no
longer support or develop it.

We just got a copy of it (OS9 only) and I'm the person given the task of
figuring out how this piece of abandonware works. I've got the instructions
but it's not doing what it says it's supposed to and I'm stumped. It's a
long shot but I was wondering if there might be someone out there who's
heard of this and might be able to help.

Thanx

Richard