[MacDV] MP3/AAC Conversion to AIFF

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Wed Oct 27 06:44:50 PDT 2004

On Oct 27, 2004, at 4:24 AM, Neil Bennett wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> I would like to convert some iTunes files from MP3 and AAC format to
> AIFF format that I can then edit in a program I use for music editing
> called Cubase, which won't let me import sound files on either MP3 or
> AAC format.
> I've got quite a few that need doing and was wondering if there is a
> way of converting more than one file at once.

I'd try a little program called mAC3dec at
<sourceforge.net/projects/mac3dec>

Its primarily for AC3 to AIFF or mp3 conversions, but works on pretty
much any audio file you can read. Its just a small little window. You
drag the files into it, select the type of output you want from a
pull-down menu and where you want it, then hit the Start button.

Its about as simple as you can make it IMO.

-Mike