[MacDV] MP3/AAC Conversion to AIFF

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 27 05:42:52 PDT 2004

On Wednesday, October 27, 2004, at 05:24  AM, Neil Bennett wrote:

> I would like to convert some iTunes files from MP3 and AAC format to
> AIFF format that I can then edit in a program I use for music editing
> called Cubase, which won't let me import sound files on either MP3 or
> AAC format.
> I've got quite a few that need doing and was wondering if there is a
> way of converting more than one file at once.

Two ways  - one, burn a CD-R with all the songs you want to convert,
then  go to "Preferences" in iTunes, click on "Import," choose "AIFF
Encoding," and rip the CD you just burned. Two, get a copy of Audio
Hijack and hijack the output of iTunes - specifying AIFF as your
recording format in Audio Hijack.

Steve R.