[MacDV] Shotgun mike?

Johns Maillist mymaillist at mac.com
Sat Apr 16 10:57:13 PDT 2005

I agree, EXCEPT, I have a Canon ZR90 I got as a gift.
The two features I wish I could have told the gift giver about: an
external mike jack, and a way to remove the mike to mount on an
isolation mount.
Mine is locked to the body.
The only option there (IF you get external noises) is to record the
scenes, and do voice overs, but that is not always so easy, as some
actors just cannot get the synching right, or do some sound editing in
post production.
John