[MacDV] [MacDV} Sony HVR-Z1U Now $3199

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Mon Apr 18 10:20:25 PDT 2005

At best choice digital in brooklyn.
<http://www.bestchoicedigital.com/store/stores_app/
Browse_Item_Details.asp?Store_id=101&page_id=23&Item_ID=3647>

Can you believe it? This is less than most have already paid for the
consumer model. The list is $4,900. This is the pro model that does
DVCAM and 24p HDV and has a pair of powered XLR inputs on it.

$1700 off list already. Sony must have decided to make a ton of them.
Can this low price last or will it go to $2999 soon? I feel sorry for
those fools who bought the consumer model.

I checked out all the press conferences at NAB last night and none of
Sony's competition are stepping up to the HDV space with any
contenders. This is IT for 2005. This is THE camera to buy.

So a full motion picture production setup is now under $10,000
including this camera, a G5 and FCStudio. Amazing!!