[MacDV] 8x DVD-R's

Gerhard gerhardk at mac.com
Tue Apr 19 21:04:44 PDT 2005

I have burned a dozen or so 8 x Sony DVD-R disks and as far as I know
they worked for all recipients, they worked when tested on my home
set-top player.  I test all disks that I burn by playing the first one
completely and then testing that the menu functions on all other
copies.  I use a 12" power book connected to a LaCie 16 x Dual Layer
drive that I am able to burn with directly from iDVD5.  I have also
burned 1 dual layer data disk, a backup of part of my iPhoto Library
straight out of iPhoto and I was surprised that the program saw all
available space since the iLife Suite apparently does not support dual
layer yet.

Gerhard