[MacDV] Re: 8x DVD-R's

Nick Scalise nickscalise at mac.com
Wed Apr 20 06:54:00 PDT 2005

On Wednesday, April 20, 2005, at 00:56AM, sb <videovideo at mac.com> wrote:

>How long are your movies? If your movies total time is less than 1/2 hour,
>your problem might be that the data rate is too high. You can add a dummy
>movie to force iDVD to switch to a lower data rate.
>
>If your movies add up to around 1 hour or more, that wouldn't be the
>problem. Can you try to burn at 4x or 6x?

The movie I just burned was 6 separate clips totaling about 75 minutes. I have not yet tried burning the TY's at 4x or 6x.

However, I did experiment with the Supermediastore branded (which by the way, using DVD Media Inspector, reported being TY's also - probably fakes), and the only ones that would play in my mother-in-law's Sony DVD/VHS player were 1x.

Yet, burning at 4x or 6x kind of defeats the purpose of paying extra for 8x doesn't it?

--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at mac.com