[MacDV] Re: 8x DVD-R's

Gerhard gerhardk at mac.com
Wed Apr 20 15:13:44 PDT 2005

Actually I saw most of the recipients at a convention I attended about
2 weeks ago and most thanked me personally for the disks and made
comments on the content.  I feel fairly certain that all the disks
worked on set-top players.  Just for the record our set-top player is a
Sony DVP-NS415 which has played a large variety brands that I have
burned.  I really only had one bad batch of disks of 4 or 5 Ritek
disks, I have purchased 150 of that brand and was very satisfied with
them.  The strange thing was that it happened at the same time that I
purchased LaCie drive so my suspicions were directed to the drive but
it must have been those disks.  I have since burned that brand without
further problem but I am still puzzled that all the duds were together
on the spindle rather than spread more equally throughout the disks.  I
purchased 25 of the Sony 8 x media while they were on sale packaged 5
to a package and from my experience till now would be willing to
recommend the 8x Sony brand.

Gerhard