[MacDV] Re: 8x DVD-R's

Richard Dalziel-Sharpe dalshar at optushome.com.au
Wed Apr 20 20:58:56 PDT 2005

I have used "Shintaro" & "Conia" brands right from the old days of  a
Pioneer AO3.
I now have a Pioneer DVR8 in my G5 and it burns DVDs in Toast at 8-12x.
It seems to vary depending on the content. This equates to a total burn
time, including lead-in and lead-out, of approximately 14 minutes for a
2 hour movie.
I have upgraded the firmware in the Pioneer to 1.18, which does allow
for faster burn speeds in some cases.