[MacDV] EyeTV Help

John Mistretta mistretta at mac.com
Mon Apr 25 07:26:02 PDT 2005

I guessed right. That file you've found with the odd undecipherable
file name isn't what EyeTV intends for you to use. But since you're
having trouble exporting, then I don't blame you for trying. I was
never able to do anything more with it than open it with VLC, but from
there you're really stuck.

I can't imagine why the export menu isn't greyed out unless you haven't
highlighted the program entry in the EyeTV Program window. When you hit
record, the program puts an entry in the Program window that you can
get info on, edit, delete and export. It's not exactly intuitive, but
you have to highlight the entry to be able to export it.

If you're doing that, report back and describe what the program tells
you from the "Show Info". Are you able to edit it?

I can't recall anything complicated about installing the program.
Perhaps you've moved the EyeTV's Archive document folder where it can't
find it? In any event it wouldn't hurt to delete the whole thing,
including the prefs and start over.

Good luck.