[MacDV] EyeTV+Dell 2405FPW UltraSharp™=Home HDTV Nirvana

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Mon Apr 25 10:23:33 PDT 2005

Thank you John. I had no idea that HDTV receiving/recording was ready
for the Mac. They are selling the eyetv500 refurbished for only $249.
Man that is a bargain for an HDVT tuner alone. I have all the rest
needed for maximum performance D2 G5. Plus:

Dell Home has the HDTV monitor for only $1019.15 plus tax and free
shipping at their Outlet center. Or if you're a Small Business buyer
only $999 plus tax. It's the 2405FPW UltraSharp™. It's similar to the
Apple product but includes a stand that lets you rotate it 90° for
portrait work which is supported in the Tiger Displays Preference
(BTW). This monitor also has S-Video, Composite and Component video
inputs on it which the Apple product does not have. Has a 4 port USB 2
hub on it and a 9 in 1 flash card reader. I would say this product
represent a new low price in the Flat Panel HD/Computer monitor space.

Getting very excited. So if you have the Mac part already, this makes
the HDTV reception, recording and display system only $1360. Not bad.