[MacDV] Re: Transferring DVD to VHS

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 25 09:40:51 PDT 2005

On 4/25/05 11:09 AM, "sb" <videovideo at mac.com> wrote:

> Your powerbook has S-video out and audio out as well. Just use it as the DVD
> player. You can buy the cables from RadioShack for about $10.

Great suggestion. I'd completely forgotten the AlBook has an S-video out
port. But I thought S-video outputs both video and sound. Is that incorrect?
If so, how do I output the sound?

> You could even present your reel from iMovie using the full screen/high
> quality mode, for the highest quality presentation.
> If you use bookmarks in your timeline, you can skip directly to a section.
>
> Then just hand them the DVD to keep after you leave.

Just one other issue--sometimes they have pretty elaborate cabinetry making
the TV impossible to connect to. So I'd still like to have some kind of VHS
backup, just in case (though VHS is pretty grim.)

Thanks for the valuable tips,
Brian