[MacDV] Firewire Video

Darrell takecare at telus.net
Mon Apr 25 12:55:02 PDT 2005

I am getting pretty involved in dual camera "Live Event" video/audio
recording.
Through investigation I've discovered equipment on the market that
allows you to
use Firewire. I'm interested in the prospect of running Firewire out of
multiple sources
to a DV Video mixer, such as, Datavideo SE-800. I would like then to
record to a
hard drive of some sort and a DVD burner. My concerns are that, first,
Firewire connections
seem kind of fragile for much use and, second, that hard drive recording
is reliable.
Anyone here have any experience with this sort of a set up.

http://www.datavideo.us/products/se_800_main_page.htm

darrell
video producer
edmonton