[MacDV] Editing with Bus-Powered Firewire Drives

Daniel Beck danielbeck at mac.com
Mon Apr 25 17:08:00 PDT 2005

I am working on the same project at home & work (school). I will be
purchasing a Firewire Drive for this purpose. I won't need to do any
capturing on it. Will using a bus-powered drive work well enough for
this purpose?

FYI, I am using FCP HD, LiveType, Soundtrack, Motion (just using
pre-created files in FCP, not actually editing them from this drive).
My Mac at home is Dual 2.5 G5 with 1.5GB of RAM, and at work is a older
G4 tower (Grey, not silver, 733 Mhz, ugh).

Any thoughts or experiences or suggestion? This is the drive I am
considering:
http://eshop.macsales.com/item/Other%20World%20Computing/MEXPFW80GB/

Thanks,
Daniel