[MacDV] Editing with Bus-Powered Firewire Drives

Tim Selander selander at tkf.att.ne.jp
Tue Apr 26 07:00:13 PDT 2005

Hi Daniel,

Yeah, they work fine. I've got 40gb and 100gb 2.5 inch drives that I
edit with (FCP 3 and Avid XpressPro) that are bus powered. You might get
a few more hiccups than AC powered drives, but they're great for editing
on the run. When we go out on multi-day locations, I often take a PB and
little drive with me and get some editing done in the evenings. You can
get them locally here, unless you really like OWC for some reason.

Tim Selander
Tokyo, Japan