[MacDV] Final Cut Xserve/Xsan query...

Dave Walker davewalker1 at mac.com
Wed Apr 27 02:25:12 PDT 2005

Hi

I have had a fair amount of experience at trouble-shooting XSan with
XServe RAID and FCP, but i have never seen the XSan volume mounted as a
folder on the boot drive. The best way to check how it is mounting is
to take a look at the XSan admin utility - you should be able to see
which SAN clients are mounted and what permissions they have.
As with all these problems, though, it's a whole heap easier to work
out what is going on by sitting in front of the machine with the
problem - any chance of some screen grabs to check out the current
setup - the various tabs of XSan admin would be best. There are also a
whole heap of command line tools that can give more info too

mail me direct if that helps

Cheers

Dave