[MacDV] anyone know why with a g5 dual 1.8 a 200gig hard drive still only shows as a 137gig?

Nick Scalise nickscalise at mac.com
Tue Aug 16 18:10:12 PDT 2005

On Aug 16, 2005, at 7:39 PM, MA501Guy at aol.com wrote:

> I'm confused, back in the day when I had limited resources, I had
> to purchase
> a special card to install in my g4 so that hard drives could read
> beyond the
> limits of 137gig.   NOW I'm thinking I may have to go out and
> purchase another
> card? strangely enough, I have another firewire drive that DOES
> read the full
> capacity of the drive.   Anyone have an answer?
> thanks

I gather from your comments - though you do not specifically state it
- that the full capacity of the drive is recognized in one firewire
case but not another? Is that correct?

If so, unfortunately, some firewire cases do not support more than
137GB as you have found.

It's not the G5, it's the firewire case.

--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at mac.com