[MacDV] anyone know why with a g5 dual 1.8 a 200gig hard drive still only shows as a 137gig?

Mark M. Florida markf at squareblue.com
Tue Aug 16 19:20:29 PDT 2005

That's just the difference between the built-in internal ATA drive
controller on your old G4 and the ATA-FireWire bridge in the FireWire
drive case.  Almost all current FireWire cases support the ATA/133 spec
and can handle even the biggest hard drives available today, where the
ATA/66 controller in your old G4 could only handle drives up to 137 GB.

You probably just need a better FireWire case. (and maybe not make the
subject line of the e-mail the first part of the post -- I just now
realized that)

Or just use a second SATA (Serial ATA) drive in the second drive bay
(unless that's full already or you need the portability).

Anyway...

- Mark