[MacDV] Internet Kills Mac Apps

Steve Robertson stever at mindspring.com
Fri Aug 19 04:52:09 PDT 2005

On Wednesday, August 17, 2005, at 07:57  PM, Lanny Cotler wrote:

> I'd reinstall the software.

Thanks, everyone for all the advice. I tried TechTool Pro – hoping it
would tell me whether the Ethernet port was fried. TTP reported that
everything was in order with this computer both before and after the
current problem. As far as I can see, the version that comes with
AppleCare doesn't check the Ethernet port.

I called the ISP (Charter Pipeline) to find out what their emergency
dial-up number was. Turns out they don't have an emergency dial-up
number!?! So I gave up and delivered the laptop to the Apple dealer for
a checkup. They pointed out that – if the Ethernet port is fried – they
would have to replace the whole logic board. I'll bet the lady can buy
a new Mac Mini for the same price as a new logic board <g>

Steve R.