[MacDV] Dual layer drive recommendations?

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Mon Feb 7 23:07:24 PST 2005

G'day,

Any recommendations for a dual layer DVD burner? My reseller is wanting to
sell me a LaCie. I believe it has a Pioneer mechanism in it.

I was also looking at the LaCie bus powered units. Anyone tried them? I
use an external bus powered 7600rpm Wiebetech drive that sometimes seems
to audibly labour (power wise) on my 17". I've been able to successfully
daisy chain other bus-powered drives (small 5400rpm drives) to it without
a problem and have captured off my camera through it. With this in mind
would it possibly be unwise to attach a bus powered burner to the
Wiebetech drive and burn through it?

Also, is there such a disc as DVD dual layer re-writables? If so do they
require specific drives to be able to format and re-write to them?

Ta muchly,

Cojcolds