[MacDV] Using .mov file in VDV?

lloyds lloyds at vermontel.net
Sun Feb 13 05:51:48 PST 2005

I made two versions of a movie in FCE2, one using QuickTime Movie which
produces a Final Cut Express Movie file (7.07 GB), the other using
QuickTime Conversion, QuickTime Movie option set to the highest quality,
which produces a Quick Time Movie (10.25 GB).  The second took the
computer much longer to produce.  The improvement in playback quality is
noticeable. When I import each to iDVD, they seem to occupy
approximately the same amount of space in the status window.  This
suggests to me that they use different codecs, perhaps?  Anyway, my
question is, if I use the second version, slightly larger, on the DVD,
will it play just as well on a DVD player?

BobLL