[MacDV] Re: Quicktime .mov files - cannot transfer to firewire?

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Wed Feb 16 01:38:58 PST 2005

Ted Langdell
Marysville, CA
Main:  	(530) 741-1212

The I/O (Input/Output) error could be a sign that your hard drive is
not in good shape, or perhaps your directory has problems and the drive
can't find a sector and gives you the error message.

If you have Disk Warrior, use it to check the directory of the disk
you're copying FROM, and replace it with the one DW creates.

If its an internal drive, DW can check the "SMART" diagnostic features
to see whether the drive is reporting technical problems.

TechTool Pro 4 has a variety of functions that can help diagnose drive
problems, and can assist in recovering files.

I'd suggest you do something sooner, rather than later.  Both TTP4 and
DW can be obtained for under $100 each.

Ted.