[MacDV] Re: Quicktime .mov files - cannot transfer to firewire? Second thought

Ted Langdell ted at tedlangdell.com
Wed Feb 16 01:51:30 PST 2005

Ted Langdell
Marysville, CA
Main:  	(530) 741-1212

Kathy,

I re-read your original post, and if I understand more clearly, you
have copies of the same .mov files on multiple drives and can't copy
them between the drives?

Or is it a case of similar sized (but different content) ripped mov.
files on your internal and external drives, and none can be copied from
drive to drive?

What's the source/sources of the DVD's you're ripping?  Commercially
produced (Hollywood) DVDs?

Have you tried creating from your own resources (say in FCP or iMovie a
.mov file larger than 4GB and tried copying that from drive to drive?

That might give you (and us) a clue as to whether there's a content
related hitch, instead of a size related hitch.  Perhaps there's some
copy protection in the DVD's you're ripping.

Ted.