[MacDV] Quicktime .mov files - cannot transfer to firewire?

DBAFeldman at aol.com DBAFeldman at aol.com
Wed Feb 16 08:29:32 PST 2005

In a message dated 2/16/05 10:29:50 AM, ggorrie at telus.net writes:

> The fact that you have tried with multiple files and it keeps getting stuck
> at the 4GB limit while transferring implies a driver/formatting issue, not
> file corruption.

If the files are all ripped in the same way, then it is likely that it is a
corrupt file. A corrupt clip is usually the problem in copying.

I have had what sounds like the same problem. If you can identify the
specific clip (the error message sometimes gives a number) you can drag it out of the
folder prior to copying the next time. If it is essential to the video, I
have used mediaRECOVER to correct the corrupt file.

Good luck,
Jamie