[MacDV] Quicktime .mov files - cannot transfer to firewire?

Gregg Gorrie ggorrie at telus.net
Tue Feb 15 23:29:31 PST 2005

on 2/16/05 2:44 PM, Michael Winter at winter at mac.com wrote:

> On Feb 15, 2005, at 8:02 PM, Nick Scalise wrote:
>
>> I remember something like this being discussed over at X4U a couple
>> years ago. Unfortunately, there are no archives going back that far at
>> themacintoshguy.com.
>
> A lot of us had problems with large copies to/from Firewire drives in
> the "early days" of Firewire. Most of those problems were solved with
> firmware upgrades to the drives.

I seem recall something like this a while back as well. Something tells me
it may have to do with Firewire or hard disk drivers/formatting. Older HFS
formatting had a file size limit of 2GB. What OS did you use to format the
Firewire drives? Did you use Apple HD Utilities or a third party (like Hard
Disk Speed Tools?

The fact that you have tried with multiple files and it keeps getting stuck
at the 4GB limit while transferring implies a driver/formatting issue, not
file corruption.

--
Gregg