[MacDV] Quicktime .mov files - cannot transfer to firewire?

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Wed Feb 16 08:12:51 PST 2005

On Feb 16, 2005, at 1:29 AM, Gregg Gorrie wrote:

> The fact that you have tried with multiple files and it keeps getting
> stuck
> at the 4GB limit while transferring implies a driver/formatting issue,
> not
> file corruption.

Which reminds me of something else I was going to mention, which you
bring up here.

Kathy, did you check to make sure all drives in question are formatted
as HFS+? If you select the drive and Get Info, it should say "Mac OS
Extended" next to the format (may also say Journaled). As Gregg
mentioned, other formats, including straight HFS won't handle big
files.

-Mike