[MacDV] any way to batch encode AVI files?

Malcolm Hamilton malcolm_hamilton at cbc.ca
Thu Feb 17 06:38:08 PST 2005

Hi there,

I have hundreds of :30 AVI files (Canon dig. camera) that I want to
import into Avid.
I know how to do this:
1. import AVI into QT using QuickTiime Pro
2. then export these files as QuickTime movies
3. then import into Avid.

Step 3 is easy, because I can select all, and import these files into
Avid en masse.
My problem is that in step 1 and 2 I have to import and export these
AVI files into QT one at a time.  It's incredibly slow and
time-consuming.
On an Avid (Mac) forum, someone suggested I use a program called
ProCoder to batch encode these files, but it's $500.  ProCoder Express
is within my price range $50, but I asked at Canopus, and was told the
Express version won't batch encode.

My question is - - does anyone know of another way to batch encode?
Some other software, that isn't so expensive?

thanks for any advice,
malcolm
Dual 1.25 G4, 2GB RAM