[MacDV] Re: Losing audio sync in iMovie/iDVD

sb videovideo at mac.com
Thu Feb 17 17:53:41 PST 2005

That doesn't make sense. 12 bit or 16 bit certainly do apply.
Why don't you check the item properties on the clips to make sure they are
indeed 48khz? Use QTPro Player. You can also check to make sure the frame
rate is 29.97.

However, I suspect the culprit might be the back to back iMovie titles. If
so, you might have to export them and then reimport as a self contained
clip.

 regards,

 sb

On 2/17/05 1:08 PM, "Brian Olesky" <brian4 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> No, that can't be it. The original video clips were professionally produced
> using very high end equipment, and they were transferred to .dv files for me
> by a professional dub house. I called the dub house and they said no, 12 and
> 16 bit don't apply here, and that wouldn't be the issue. Any other ideas?
>
> Brian
>
> On 2/17/05 2:32 PM, "Kim" <kphillips3 at rochester.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> Most likely your audio was captured at 12 bit instead of 16 bit. The
>> only way to fix that is to export the audio then convert it in
>> something like QT pro.
>>
>> Eric
>> On Thursday, February 17, 2005, at 03:23  PM, Brian Olesky wrote:
>>
>>> Using iMovie 4.0.1, I recently built a 6-minute video made up of a
>>> series of
>>> short, under a minute .dv files, with a few titles separating them into
>>> sections. However toward the end, the audio suddenly goes out of sync.
>>> It
>>> happens right after a section with two iMovie-generated title scenes,
>>> one
>>> after the other. Could that be the problem? Is there some way in
>>> iMovie to
>>> correct the sync? When I preview the "problem clips" in the timeline,
>>> they're perfectly in sync. They just go out when the whole video is
>>> played.
>>> (And when it's burned to a disc with iDVD4.)
>>>
>>> TIA
>>> Brian