[MacDV] Audacity

Kim kphillips3 at rochester.rr.com
Mon Feb 21 07:13:45 PST 2005

I am trying to normalize the audio in all my clips. These are home
movies so in some takes people were talking loud and other times they
weren't so I am trying to get them all to approximately the same level
so you don't need the TV remote to keep changing the volume. I have
done this manually in iMovie but that gets tedious. What I did this
time was to extract all the audio. Import al the audio clips into one
Audacity project. Selected all then did Effects>Normalize. I then
selected each clip and exported it as AIFF. In iMovie I then imported
the audio. Now my problem is not all but a significant amount of my
audio clips are short by one frame. I am using iMovie4 and
Audacity1.2.1 on OS 10.2.8. Is there a better way to do this, am I
doing something wrong? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Eric