[MacDV] true cost of Sony VX2100 + audio

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Tue Feb 22 16:11:13 PST 2005

Hi Malcolm,

While I'm in no position to be able to give you my opinion on the cameras
below, I would like to point you to the camcorder review site.

When I was looking to purchase a mini-dv ccamcorder, I did some searches
on the Sony camera I was interested in and read all the user reviews at
the bottom. By the end of reading them I could clearly see that the
Panasonic GS400 was better suited and better quality for what I wanted in
a camera... even though it was going to cost me an extra 1000 shmackoz.

This is an article I could find on the VX2100. You may find spinoff
articles from there:

http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content/sony-dcr-vx2100-editorial-10_07_03.htm

I also liked to check out the reviews on dvspot.com but I couldn't see the
VX2100 in there.

Best of luck,

Cojcolds

Malcolm Hamilton <malcolm_hamilton at cbc.ca>

Hi all,
I know the Sony VX2100 sells for $3,000 US.
But to set myself up as a working videographer, I'd need to add what in
the way of sound capabilities (and gear), and what would that add to
the price-tag?

Should I even think of buying a DCR-HC1000 ($1700) instead???  I could
add a BeachTek XLR adapter for good quality sound, right?
This would be a 3-CCD camera, with XLR sound - - but am I kidding
myself thinking it might compare with the VX2100?

I'm wanting to bid on a job, and I'm wondering how much I have to spend
to shoot it (I've already got the editing gear).
Thanks for any advice!
Malcolm