Off Topic--Re: [MacDV] Re: Scanning slides

lloyds lloyds at vermontel.net
Thu Feb 24 10:39:35 PST 2005

Richard,

We have a 30-cell solar bank on the roof, and a propane backup generator which
we run about 250 hours per year.  We use about 200 amp hours per day at 24
volts dc.  We built the house in 1989.  Vermont is not a great climate for
solar, but it does work.  My G4 plus 2 external hard drives consume an awful
lot of power!

You could probably save a lot of electricity by simply using less, but it takes
a conscious, consistent effort: turn off anything that typically runs all the
time, and don't use things like clothes dryers, toasters, microwave ovens, etc.

BobLL