[MacDV] re battery

animal animal at cuug.ab.ca
Fri Feb 25 15:07:45 PST 2005

In May 2003, our director Allex Michael bought a generic Canon BP-941
(extra) from http://www.sabahoceanic.com/ for 38.50 plus 12 $ shipping.
  The indie film we're working on is a mix of 35mm, HD and SD.

The battery doesn't get daily use, but is still working very well.
What she likes about it is that it lasts for up to 7+ hours in cold
weather.  (using viewfinder not LCD screen) vs 3 hours if your lucky
from an actual Canon 941.  It also arrived within a week of ordering.
The company has generic batteries for many types of camcorder
batteries.  They are Li-ion and cells made in Japan.

Warning:  Canon, Sony etc state that generic batteries can leak and
blow up.  They may not also live as long as a Canon.  So I wouldn't
leave a generic on a battery charger overnight, or use them in direct
sunlight on a hot day.

Lynn