[MacDV] Toast/copying DVD-R

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Tue Jan 4 18:26:21 PST 2005

On Tuesday, January 4, 2005, at 09:15  PM, Ray Statham wrote:

> I never had any success using  Toast for copying VIDEO_TS files.
> However, 'Popcorn', which is available from the Roxio site for $49.95
> (US), does a terrific job and makes it easy. It will also compress
> files from double sided DVDs to fit on regular 4.7 gig DVDs, and the
> results are extremely good.
>
> Ray

That is more messing around than either of the projects at hand call
for.
There is no reason to look at or process TS files to copy a DVD  unless
it is copy protected or over 4.7 gig.
And remember, Though naked TS folders will play on your Mac they will
not play in a DVD player.
TS folders must be in another folder . ( that one represents the DVD)
The Audio TS folder is most often empty and is  I think, for music.