[MacDV] Re: MacDV Digest, Vol 6, Issue 17 - Soundsoap and FCP

tucker ian carlian at picknowl.com.au
Fri Jan 21 17:17:35 PST 2005

On 20/01/2005, at 9:22 PM, macdv-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com
wrote:

> From: Jeff Carruthers <jeff at carruthers.ca>
> Subject: [MacDV] Using SoundSoap 2 in Final Cut Pro
> To: A place to discuss digital video on Macintosh.
> 	<macdv at listserver.themacintoshguy.com>
>
> My wife is working on a video in FCP. One of the clips, taken using a
> friend's Canon DV camera, has a lot of camera motor noise that she
> would like to scrub out of the soundtrack.
>
> We ordered SoundSoap 2 from Bias, but the pdf manual doesn't give any
> instructions on how to use it for FCP (it does say how to use it with
> iMovie files).
>
> Anyone have experience using SoundSoap 2 in FCP? If so, how would one
> do it?

You don't say what version of FCP you have.   When I purchased FCP HD a
CD of Bias Peak 3 Express was included in the pack.   This coupled with
SoundSoap (purchased separately) works fine.  SoundSoap is a plug-in of
Peak 3.    I used the programme to remove a lot of unwanted noise at a
funeral service I was asked to film recently.

I have forwarded some notes I made on using the Programme direct to
Jeff.

Regards,
Ian Tucker