[MacDV] audio normalization

Kim kphillips3 at rochester.rr.com
Wed Jan 26 06:19:09 PST 2005

I am trying to find a better way to normalize the audio in my iMovie.
There are two things I need to do,

1) normalize the audio within a clip and

2) normalize the audio between clips.

Since I only use the on camera mic if the person holding the camera
talks it is much louder than the people in front of the camera. Then
from one clip to the next people can be talking at different levels or
the setting has changed so I need to normalize the audio between these
clips. I have Audacity and QuickTIme Pro 5. Can someone help me with
the details. Do I have to do the intra-clip normalization manually in
iMovie or can one of these other programs help? Once that is done I am
assuming Audacity can normalize the clips to each other. To do this do
I need to extract the audio from every clip in iMovie then open all
these in Audacity, select all then normalize? Once that is done what is
the best way to get these back into iMovie?

Thanks,
Eric