[MacDV] FCP 3 won't install on new dual 2.7gHz G5

Jeff Fay fnjaf at uaf.edu
Fri Jul 1 11:26:39 PDT 2005

When I try to install I get the message "The original CD is required to
run this installer."

I'm using the original CD! GRRRRRRR!

Using the migrating-from-the-old-computer-to-the-new-computer path with
the intial startup of the G5, I copied all my data from the old dual
1gig G4 to the new G5. The old machine had FCP 3 on it. The migration
software doesn't migrate applications that are not the default ones that
come with the operating system. It did not migrate FCP 3 to the new
machine, although it did migrate the prefs and application support stuff
in the library folder.

I've gone thru and deleted all the old FCP files from the G5. Still the
same "original CD required" message.

Are there invisible files I need to trash?

Any ideas?

Or do I just have to go to the boss and beg for bucks to buy the latest
version?

TIA,

Jeff

--