[MacDV] MacTheRipper error

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Wed Jul 27 13:57:35 PDT 2005

--On July 26, 2005 9:01:59 AM -0400 Timothy Luoma <lists at tntluoma.com> wrote:

> I made a DVD from an old VHS tape.  I later wanted to copy the contents to
> my HD for viewing w/o having to run the DVD player so I tried MacTheRipper
> and it gave the "this disc was made with deliberate bad sectors"

According to the documentation, sometimes the commercial DVD manufacturers
put deliberate "bad" sectors to fool ripping software and I believe Mac the
Ripper thinks it is identifying one. I've had this happen a couple of times
and I think it was due to smudges or scratches. Try inspecting and maybe
cleaning and try again.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com