[MacDV] set-up for using my powerbook G4 to edit videos and burn to dvd

Granville Kennedy gskiii at verizon.net
Sat Jul 30 09:43:38 PDT 2005

I believe that iDVD5 has the ability to burn DVD's to an external DVD
burner.  There is a hack that allows you to use external DVD burners
with earlier versions of iDVD, or even better burn to a disk image so
you can preview your DVD in the DVD Player before you burn to a DVD -
which is really useful for those times you need to make a bunch of
copies and can't tie up your computer for days running iDVD :-)

The files can be downloaded from here :

http://forum.rpc1.org/download.php?
id=352&sid=80b3f473da1904bad86acf255bf49282

Put the Hurz and Pfurz files at the top level of your home directory.
When ready to burn in iDVD hold the control button down when you click
on the burn icon, wait for the contextual menu to pop up and then
choose the drive or option that suits you.

More info is available here :

http://forum.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?t=23370

Hope this helps!

Regards,