[MacDV] transferring Hi8 to DV format

Nubia Bristol nubia.bristol at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 00:13:58 PDT 2005

I'm borrowing a JVC GR-D72 and I thought I would be able to transferr
my Hi8 film from my SONY SteadyShot. I don't have any of the manuals
so I can't reference some terms, such as VTR or VCR mode. And of
course, the JVC website doesn't have an online instruction manual for
this model anymore.

I'm following instructions from iMovie HD & iDVD 5 by David Pogue but
can't understand if the JVC has this "VTR mode." For starters, what is
VTR mode? Because I thought it was just the play setting. From what I
understand, if the camcorder has A/V in-out then it would more than
likely have a VTR mode. I did read that the camcorder is both A/V
in/out.

If anyone is familiar with this JVC model, does it even have the VTR mode?