[MacDV] FCP-Will not download from Camera

tucker ian carlian at picknowl.com.au
Fri Jun 17 15:28:50 PDT 2005

A friend whom I work closely with on graphics is having trouble with
FCP HD since upgrading to Tiger  in that it will not import footage
from his Digital Video Camera.  It may just be a coincidence that
this is happening since the 10.4.1 upgrade.

My digital Video camera meets the same fate on his iMac, wheras both
cameras work fine on my G4 desktop.

We have deleted and reinstalled FCP HD on his iMac's main HD,  to no
avail.

We have installed Tiger on his external HD together with QT7.0 and
FCP HD and every thing is fine.   At least he is able to continue his
work this way.

On the main HD, the import window indicates " VCR OK" , but on
clicking onto the import button the import viewer remains black and
no footage is downloaded.

Any suggestions please?

Ian T.