[MacDV] Cropping Black Borders

Djwp djwp1 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 18 16:35:24 PDT 2005

  I exported my project to DV NTSC 720x480.

All of my clips were 640x480. They appear in the viewer to be the
correct dimensions, nestled in black border.

I know this is the "safe" area for NTSC.

However, I would like to export the project to another file type for
the web without these black borders.

In Adobe Premiere, during export the edges of the entire project can be
cropped. Is there a similar feature in FCP?

(I'd rather not do the motion/scaling, as this will degrade the
quality.  I'm looking to just crop the borders away, hopefully as an
option during rendering).

Thanks for any input,

Jill